In this article, we are discussing about how to migrate to United Kingdom or Great Britain as a registered nurse? Nurses working in NHS Trusts of UK are earning around 2.2 Lakhs per month. They can earn around one lakh per month from private duties too.
Nurses migration to United Kingdom
Nurses and Midwifery Council or N.M.C is the registration authority in United Kingdom. In order to register with N.M.C, what all things are needed? Lets see it one by one.
- First of all after completion of your Diploma or Degree in Nursing, you need to have one year registered experience in clinical field.
- Next you need to appear for an English language test like I.E.L.T.S or O.E.T. You ought to have a seven band in IELTS Academic for all the four modules of the exam that is listening, reading, writing and speaking. You can acquire this score in a maximum of two sittings but remember that your score for any of these modules should not be less than 6.5 in both sittings. Or else you can write O.E.T exam and should have a ‘b’ level in all the modules.
- After successful completion of your language exam, you can start the N.M.C registration. In due course you need to pay around twelve thousand rupees for your Computer Based Test exam. You can write this exam in any of the Pearson vue centers all over India.
- After passing CBT exam you need to send some verification forms from your college, nursing councils etc along with uploading of certain certificates.
- Further your NMC application is evaluated after paying an amount equivalent to twelve thousand indian rupees and you can apply for sponsorship from any of the NHS Trust.
- Next is the Objective Structured Clinical Examination or O.S.C.E which you need to attempt after getting to UK. You will be arriving in UK with a designation of Senior Health Care Assistant.
- After completion of O.S.C.E, you will be given an NMC pin number or registration with which you can practice as a registered nurse in United Kingdom. O.S.C.E can be attempted twice in a period of six months. If you fails a second time, you can appear for O.S.C.E after a period of six months.
- This is the official pass percentage of O.S.C.E and CBT exam given in NMC Website.
Hopes this information is useful to someone who is planning a career abroad in UK.
Interested in Migration to Canada? – See the detail procedure here
Please share this article with your friends and don’t forget to hit a like at our facebook page ie https://www.facebook.com/4nursescircle for more updates