To get a foreign Nursing job is the dream of every nursing graduate. Since Indian nurses are hard working, most of the foreign countries are more interested in recruiting Indian nurses. For your basic knowledge, to work in any foreign country, nurse should be registered with that specific nursing council. This is very important. What are the other terms and conditions to work as a nurse in these foreign countries? What all requirements are there from Work Experience to IELTS Score/OET/PTE scores to work in various foreign countries? This article gives important information’s that will answer all the above said questions with 2018 August status.
· Offers job only for BSc Nurses
· IELTS/OET Required – Overall – 7 & Reading, writing, listening, speaking – 7 each or OET B level in all modules, PTE also accepted
· The applicant should be currently working
· Experience requirements – 2 year general experience and 1 year experience in Acute care is mandatory. But you can do adaptation with one year experience.
· After online test and Interview, candidates have to go to Australia to study Nursing education bridging program. The duration of this program is almost 13 weeks. Those who gets into Australia with relatives also can join this bridging program
· After Completion of program, Nurses can work in Acute care/Non Acute care as RN
· For details of permissions/Application in Board of Nursing, Australia – visit – www.ahpra.gov.au
Current Status March 2019 – Now also nurses have lot of options in Australia. But the problem lies in adaptation course which is currently 3 months but duration has been increased to 6 months from August 2018 of which you need to do online theory for a period of three months from any country and practical in Australia for next three months. Getting admission to this new adaptation course is also a menace. After getting IELTS 7 Score/OET B level in all modules, one need to spend around 14 – 16 lakhs to complete adaptation course in Australia while going through Indian agencies.Once you complete adaptation, you can search for jobs. But now a days nurses are coming back to India after adaptation programme and are trying for jobs in online from India. This is because its too expensive to stay back after adaptation and search for the job. Fortunately most of the people who completes adaptation are getting employed. Latest news is about Australia is changing their assessment of overseas nurses to UK OSCE style.
· GNM also can apply, but currently taking only BSc Nurses
· Should be currently working. One year experience is mandatory. If two year experience is there, priority is given
· IELTS Score should be 7, but can be clubbed. That means for eg. If in first attempt, you get 7 each for reading and writing, then you can club your scores if you clears listening and reading with 7 each in second attempt.
· PR is given to the nurses after one and half years of experience as RN
Current Status – March 2019 – Job vacancies in cities are found to be declining, so newly joined nurses are trying in remote areas for placement. Recruitment is still on. Most of the people are trying a quicker method ie once they get necessary scores for IELTS, they will approach agency to do a course that will do with the adaptation procedure. Some of the candidates are migrating to Newzealand in a hope of migrating to Australia which will cost them a less amount when compared to direct migration to Australia.
· Hamad Medical Corporation recruits only BSc Nurses
· Minimum 3 year experience is mandatory
· In private hospitals, those who have passed Qatar Prometric exam will be given priority
Current Status – March 2019 – Big private agencies like Jesseena, Jerry varghese etc has conducted big free recruitment drives to one of the biggest hospital under Hamad Corporation in 2018. Next recruitment is happening now. ODEPC/Norka Roots/OMCL Tamil Nadu has not tied up with any hospitals in Qatar till now.
· Candidates should pass HAAD/DHA/MOH for concerned province.
· If gets employed without passing, candidate should pass any of the above exams within 2 years of employment
· Major hospitals of UAE have their own recruitment process eg. Online recruitment/Walk In Interviews etc
· You can write these exams online (there are various centers in india). Some hospitals conducts Skype Interview too. Those who are coming to UAE in dependent visa can also work if they have the prerequisite qualifications
· GNM with good experience are also concerned, but priority will be given to BSc Nursing candidates with minimum 2 years experience
Current Scenario – March 2019– Eventhough many private hospitals are recruiting through online recruitment process and via Norka Roots, ODEPC, OMCL etc, government recruitment has been diminished. No private agencies are currently recruiting to UAE. All government recruitment are done through SEHA website. Some fortunate nurses are getting employed after coming to UAE in visit visa.
· Nurses should pass Prometric exam with minimum 60% marks (for oman prometric) and should have a minimum of 2 years experience
· For Saudi, MOH/Defense recruits directly depends on qualifications and interview marks
Current Scenario – March 2019 – Saudi Official MOH as well as major private hospitals are recruiting nurses to Saudi Arabia via govt recognized agencies. Many private agencies (Around 32) had got permission to recruit to Saudi Arabia recently. ODEPC/Norka Roots also conducted many recruitment to private hospitals in Saudi Arabia.
· BSc Nursing/GNM have opportunity
· Nurses should have experience in minimum 100 bedded hospital
· To apply for speciality/multispeciality hospital job, nurse should have minimum of 2 years experience
· IELTS required – Overall – 6 (Reading & Listening – 5.5 each, Speaking & Writing – 6 each)
· In Kuwait, currently GNM nurses are only considered for Private hospital jobs and nursing assistant jobs.
· Govt hospitals requires only BSc Nurses now
· Candidates have to undergo MOH exam and Interview
· To work in private hospitals also, candidates have to pass exam conducted by MOH within 9 months of employment
· Minimum 2-3 years experience is required
Current Scenario – March 2019 – Currently no govt/private agencies are recruiting nurses to Kuwait. Many employed through recruitment via neighbouring countries have to still get job and salary. ODEPC/Norka Roots have initiated discussions with Kuwait MOH officials in facilitating recruitment. OMCL has tied up for recruitment to Kuwait Oil Company. But recruitment has not happened yet.
· There are 10 states in Canada out of which only Qubec state has a different law regarding job of nurses
For Qubec Migration
· Presently from India, you can apply only for Qubec Skilled Workers Program only (QSW)
· 2 year experienced GNM/BSc Nurses can apply
· French language proficiency is required to work in Qubec
· IELTS (overall 5) required
· Points will be calculated on basis of work experience and Higher qualifications. If you have got required points, you can register in QSW. Within two and half years you can migrate to Qubec with whole family
· After reaching Qubec, QIIM to be passed. Till you are not passing this test, you can work only as an Asst. Nurse or Care nurse only
Express Entry to Canada
· From January 1st 2015, remaining states have introduced EXPRESS ENTRY for recruitment
· You cannot apply directly to this pool from India. This new recruitment policy is beneficial for those who have been already there or those who have reached there (in student visa and all) and passed NCLEX RN exam there. In less amount and < 6 months you will get PR in this new EXPRESS ENTRY Scheme
Requirement for other 9 states in Canada
· NCLEX RN has replaced the exisiting CRNE exam in these nine states
· Candidates with Academic IELTS 7.5 in Listening, 6.5 in Reading, 7 each in speaking and writing can apply
· In all of these states, you will get only Nursing Asst/ Care Nurse post till you clears/passes the RN exam ie NCLEX RN
Current Scenario – March 2019 – Many agencies are recruiting nurses to Canada. But the problem that lies within is it takes usually 5 – 6 months to get a chance to appear for NCLEX RN Exam after getting in Canada. The exam is also bit tough. Agencies will be promising to make you reach Canada very early. But the real problem starts after getting there. You will have to satisfy with some smaller jobs/nurse assistant jobs till you clears NCLEX RN which you can write only after long waiting. But everything is fine, if you get the eligibility letter for writing NCLEX RN from India through nnas assessment. You can write the exam in any of the pearson vue centers in India. After passsing it, you can apply online for staff nurse post in the province you are applying for from India.
· GNM or BSc Nurses with minimum 1 year experience can apply
· IELTS – Individual score of 7 in Reading, Speaking, Listening as well as a 6.5 for Writing is mandatory in maximum of two sittings of which no scores should be less than 6.5 for R, S, L and not less than 6.0 for writing. OET b level in all modules is also accepted.
· First the candidate have to pass Computer Based Test conducted in India, then an assessment is made of your academics. After which you have to get sponosorships from any of the NHS Trusts which will give you visas including relocation package. Then you have to pass OSCE after reaching UK within 3 attempts and a period of 8 months.
– You will be arriving UK with a designation of Senior Healthcare assistant(now Senior CSW – Clinical Support Worker) , which will be changed to RN as soon as you get your NMC pin number upon passing of OSCE.
Current Scenario – March 2019 – Many agencies are recruiting nurses to UK and Ireland after the norms have been relaxed. Even prices for taking CBT as well as OSCE has been slashed by NMC. Benefits are many. Once you clear the IELTS academic test/OET, every thing will be taken care of by agency. All money you have spent will be reimbursed by the hospital upon your arrival in UK. Beware, don’t migrate to UK/Ireland through recruiters who are recruiting to nursing homes alone. There are very good recruiters available who are recruiting to NHS Hospitals without taking any money.
If you like this article, please don’t forget to hit a like and share, someone may be in urgent need of the information contained in this article.
There is a lot more to read and share, please like our facebook page for updates ie http://www.facebook.com/4nursescircle.